Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Best of Orlando Weekly

Recently I have received the honor of placing 3rd as Best Local Author in Best of Orlando 2011. For the past weekend I have been very much in disbelief, but I'm pretty damn elated as well as proud of myself. Even though it is 3rd I feel pretty damn proud of myself. At this moment, I want to go ahead and thank everyone who voted to get me to that place! THANK YOU EVERYONE! The two people that bested me were Jana Waring in 1st place and Bob Morris in 2nd place. I want to extend my congratulations to them. Interesting fact is this is the first time Orlando Weekly has done Best Local Author. Furthermore, the two people that best me were also published authors. As seeing I am an unpublished makes this an even more of an accomplishment to me. The feeling that I have garnered a pretty good fan base of people who want to read what the stories I write is simply fantastic.

Best of Orlando 2011

What's next for Dieppa

I have taken my writing of fiction pretty serious, but after receiving this honor I am really going to take it more seriously. I am going to do a condensed version of how Stephen King does it, which means when I get home after a workout I will read passages from what I am currently and afterwords I will write. The daily goal to write about a 1,000 words at the end of the day. Still going to keep working on main career because that is logical to me, but writing is serious hobby for me at this point.

My readers have told me many times that I write such great and colorful characters as well as paint a picture with the narrative. What is the only problem? My grammar is pretty horrible. Something I have difficulty with and past editors have given up on trying to fix it up. Then again I been finding people I associate myself with to kind of fall through. I need to find an editor who can edit my novella The Departing Tale of Christopher Lamont and the Hereafter. There is a lot of potential in that novel to be a fair success when it is released.


Little Opinion Here

I have recently purchased the Nook and I have to say it is hands down a fantastic purchase. I am getting a lot of reading done and it is such a convenience to have it around. First book I finished was John Dies at the End which was recommended to me by my Professor Sushil. The new book I am reading I will talk about later when I am further into it.


As always I want to thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Hopefully get more fiction out soon. OH! Thanks for reminding me you can read my works now at http://andrewcdieppa.pandamian.com/ And once again thank you all for your votes it was real confidence builder for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment