Sunday, August 14, 2011

With a New Story Done, I Continue

The latest story I finished, In Queue, was posted last week on Monday. The amount of view it has received was phenomenal! As well as the amount of positive feedback has received was jaw-dropping for me. Such feedback just keeps fueling motivation to continue writing. I think I found my place in this world: Creative Writing. I may have gotten my Bachelor's in Game and Simulation Programming, and I do enjoy what I do for a living. However, it has become just another job for me. Working the Unity Game Engine has been giving me good experience that I could use to get another job in the near future working with indie game companies. In the end though, I'm a creative writer, I am absolutely in love with writing. I create these worlds, characters, and scenes that people enjoy reading.


Now that I have finished In Queue, I have moved onto my next story which is nearing completion by the end of tonight. Proofreading and editing will commence tomorrow afternoon during my lunch break. This brings me to my next topic: My grammar sucks. It is absolutely horrible. How am I bettering myself as a writer? I am taking a grammar class at USF to amend my grammatical mistakes. I never liked editing my own work because I am one of those stubborn people who feels when I finish writing that I'm done. This is why I love my last story because In Queue opened a door I kept lock. For the first time I sat down to proofread and edit my work. For nearly a decade and a half when I wrote papers for school I would never ever edit it. I blame my stubbornness for the grammatical mistakes of now. I want to better myself as a writer to garner more fan base among people.


Now that I am proofreading and editing my own work, I decided to go back to read my first real venture into writing. I read The Departing Tale of Christopher Lamont and the Hereafter which is my work of genius in my opinion. That is what I thought until I sat down to read it, and I could not get passed the first page. It was so horrible! I kept stumbling through sentences, running out of breath with run-ons, and noticed common splices. The first page alone was riddled with grammatical errors! No wonder people I knew did not want to read it. For those who pushed themselves to read it from beginning to end; I thank and apologize for doing so! For almost a year now I been trying to get someone to proofread and edit it for me. But The Departing Tale of Christopher Lamont and the Hereafter is quite honestly beyond editing. When I was editing In Queue, I was able to edit 20 pages within a few days. The Departing Tale... is a little over 70 pages, so there is no excuse for me to sit down and edit it myself. Honestly, I'm not going to bother editing, I'm going to sit down and rewrite the entire novella. Logically it makes more sense because of all the grammatical errors is just too much.


I'm going to end this blog with thanking you all for stopping by and reading my endeavors in writing. I implore anyone out there to go after what they are passionate about. Peace and Love.


PS Just one more thing to mention: two people have messaged me saying I have inspired them to start their own writing projects. Hearing that just made me feel all kinds confident because to inspire people to go after something is an amazing feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment